The Excellence Scholarship at Leiden University is presently calling for applications in 2023. We will go into great detail regarding this scholarship program in this article, including its advantages and detailed instructions for applying.
A master’s scholarship covering tuition is available to international students through the Leiden University Excellence Scholarship 2023–2024.
This scholarship awards an average of €15,000 per year.
These scholarships are given to deserving students and are completely sponsored.
The amount of funding each faculty department has available determines the number and type of scholarships that can be awarded. One of Europe’s top universities for international research, Leiden University was established in 1575.
The motto of the University is ‘Praesidium Libertatis’ – Bastion of Freedom. It has seven faculties in the sciences, arts and social sciences, spread over locations in Leiden and The Hague. The University has over 6,700 staff members and 28,130 students.
- Level of Study: Masters
- Institution(s): Leiden University
- Study in: Netherlands
- Program Period: The maximum study period for a 1-year program is 12 months. The maximum study period for a 2-year program is 24 months.
- Deadline: 1 Feb for programmes starting 1 Sept / 1 Oct for programmes starting 1 Feb
Leiden University Excellence Scholarship (LexS) provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- € 15,000 of the tuition fee
- € 10,000 of the tuition fee
- Total tuition fee minus the statutory tuition fee
Eligibility Criteria for Leiden University Excellence Scholarship
To qualify for a Leiden University Excellence Scholarship (LexS), candidates must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: Non-EU/EEA international students.
- Non- EEA/ non- EFTA nationals must enroll in the Master courses at the Leiden University are eligible.
- Applicants must have a non-EEA/non-EFTA passport.
- Must have achieved excellent grades and have a good achievement record at the university level.
- Must be in the top 10% of the graduates in his/her previous study programs.
How To Apply for Leiden University Excellence Scholarship?
Please follow below instructions to avail this Leiden University Excellence Scholarship:
- Apply online for admission to a Master’s program at Leiden University and pay the application fee if applicable.
- In the scholarship section of your online application, indicate that you wish to apply for a LExS.
- Upload your LExS motivation letter as instructed in your online application. This is a Word doc of max. 500 words, in which you explain why you would like to be considered for the award.
- Submit your online application, containing your LExS application, before the LExS application deadline.
- If you apply for more than one study program and wish to apply for a LExS for each, indicate this clearly in each application and upload a LExS motivation letter for each.
To know more about Leiden University Excellence Scholarships (LexS), please visit official website: